Shopping around is essential nowadays if you don’t want to pay more than you have to. Don’t think of it as a task, however, since it’s incredible easy to save money on home insurance this way. We’ve done all your homework, so just use our research on the top insurance providers in your state – we won’t charge you a cent!
Take a look at the list of insurance companies and their best deals below. Find something you’re interested in? See more details by clicking “Free Quotes”, then compare as many offers as you want.
No fees, no obligations. Just quick shopping for home insurance savings with great results.
Compare cheap home insurance quotes with uSwitch
Before you start to compare home insurance quotes, you’ll need to be able to tell us:
- The approximate rebuild value of the property you want to insure – don’t worry if you don’t
- know exactly, just tell us the rough amount
- Details of the types of locks on the doors and windows of the property
- Roughly how old the property is
- The rough value of the contents of the property and any items worth over £500
- Details of your current home insurance deal, your no claims bonus, and any claims you’ve made
Find cheap home and contents insurance deals
Our home insurance comparison service is free and simple – and could save you money when you compare and switch
You can get a home insurance quote and guidance to help you find cheap building insurance through our home insurance comparison tool.
Check the latest home insurance rates and use uSwitch to get low cost home insurance quote today.
Ways to reduce home and contents insurance costs
There are a number of ways to reduce the cost of your home contents insurance – here are our top five:
- Try not to make a claim on your home insurance unless you’re really left with no alternative – the fewer claims you make, the lower your premium should be
- Make your home more secure by fitting good quality locks to all accessible doors and windows, and consider fitting a burglar alarm
- Fit and regularly test a smoke alarm
- Increase the excess – the higher the voluntary excess, the lower your home insurance premium should be
- Insurers tend to offer cheaper home insurance premiums if your house is occupied – if you go on holiday for more than 28 days at a time and leave the property unoccupied, they could charge you extra
For more ideas on how to reduce your home insurance costs, read our home insurance guides .